Elle is nearly two years old. Tonight, while putting her to bed, I wanted to be sure to not forget these things…
– The way her arms and hands grab mine and wrap them around her tightly while trying to fall asleep.
– That she calls me “Mumma”
– How she loves to play the harmonica.
– Her love for hide and seek.
– How she is into pushing people – physically and emotionally – at this point in her life. We are working on eliminating the physical pushing.
– How funny she can be.
– The way her little-girl voice sounds in my ear.
– How she says ‘quiet’ as ‘ki-it’ with her little finger up to her lips, shushing.
– The way she pushes her hair from her eyes with her entire palm.
– How she is the ultimate, epic daddy’s girl.
– The way she dances to shows on her iPad – from Sid the Science Kid to Doc McStuffins and Sophia The First, she loves (err, is addicted to) them all.
– The way her short little strides sound running and hiding in the games she plays.
– How she doesn’t ever stop talking much.
Anyway, just a few things I don’t want to forget.
Man I love this girlie of ours!