At 91 days I updated this list…that was 26 days ago (wow, how’d that happen?). I started this list with 106 days to go. Seems like time is actually going faster right now – it helps that this is our busiest time of year at work, so I’m definitely pre-occupied with that.
Big update in our lives: Jon is back to work after a brief hiatus, but he had to head over to the west side of the state to work at the nuclear facility there. He just started yesterday. We’re not sure how long he may have to be there, but obviously he wants to be done by October. I’m just glad that he’s back to work. One less stressor in my life…but I found myself in tears as he packed his bag on Sunday night…even though I was packing my bag to hit the road too. I guess I just feel overwhelmed by the idea of all the things we need to get done and now BOTH of us are on the road for work.
Anyway, maybe after an update to this list I won’t feel so bad. Here we go…65 days to go and here’s where the list stands:
1. Clean her room. (Totally did this two weekends ago as we prepared to paint…)
2. Clean floors with vinegar and water in her room. (Did this twice – once before we painted and once after. All the paint spots are up off the floor now and they are looking good. Need to clean them once more now that we used some Pledge on the furniture in the room (yes, we have furniture!)
3. Insullation in the attic. (DELAYED)
4. Remove hardware from the walls in her room.
5. Fill the holes left by the hardware removal.
6. Prime the walls (necessary?)
7. Paint the walls.
8. Purchase the paint for the walls.
9. Order the wall decal for her room.
10. Order the prints.
11. Purchase the frames for the prints. (Heading to IKEA in Bolingbrook tomorrow to do this after work)
12. Frame the prints.
13. Hang the frames.
14. Put the crib together.
15. Buy a crib mattress.
16. Put the dresser together.
17. Move the glider/rocker/ottoman into her room.
18. Finish the rug for her room. (Cut up a lot of fabric last night for the rug so that I can just work away at the rug when I get home without stopping to cut up more fabric. Hopefully this will make that project one that I can finish in the next few weeks).
19. Buy more supplies to finish the rug for her room.
20. Cut up the rectangles for the rug for her room. (ONGOING BATTLE)
21. Find additional fabric for the bumpers.
22. Take the fabric to Sandy’s.
23. Determine a solution for blinds. (Purchased blinds for the front of the house, top level from Budget Blinds in Davison. They should be there to install them in the next week or two!)
24. Determine a solution for curtains. (Waiting on this one until I see what the blinds look like. Not convinced we need the overkill of curtains).
25. Sew the curtain tie-backs. (See #24).
26. Purchase the closet organizer for my closet. (Maybe this will be a birthday present? Hint, hint Jonathan).
27. Install the closet organizer for my closet.
28. Remove all of my stuff from her room into my organized closet. (Shoved it in a downstairs closet for the time being…).
29. Hang up clothes in her room. (Did this, but they are now in the office until we get the final coat of paint on the closet doors and do some final touch ups in the bedroom…but the clothes are hanging, so I’m crossing this off the list).
30. Clean the closet in her room.
31. Paint the closet in her room.
32. Paint the closets in our room.
33. Get the dresser/changing table stocked for arrival. (First shower is this weekend…I have a feeling we’ll be well on our way to being stocked and ready to go)
34. Determine how to get Jon on my approved emergency person at the hospital.
35. Glucose tolerance testing (at some point). (This is happening August 5). (Read all about it in an earlier post)
36. 2nd Ultrasound at Hurley, 7/7
37. Appointment with Nurse at Neubeck’s office, 7/18 (aka 28 week appointment)
38. Molly’s shower – purchase a gift.
39. Molly’s shower – attend (one or two?). (Attending both, I think, it appears that my work schedule will allow this). (See photos from Molly’s shower).
40. Aunt Jody’s 25th wedding anniversary party. (Probably will post photos of this shindig tonight…great party!)
41. Minnie’s baby shower on 9/17.
42. Turn 31.
43. Assemble my new bird table.
44. Read a good book or two.
45. See the new Harry Potter movie.
46. Take newborn pictures of Drew.
47. Fix the bathroom walls (Dad).
48. Re-paint the bathroom.
49. Determine a solution for the floors in the bathrooms.
50. Organize the downstairs bedroom.
51. Consolidate my jewelry into one location.
52. Bring order to the pantry.
53. Paint the dining room table.
54. Paint the railing on the main stairway.
55. Wash the white plastic furniture on the upstairs deck.
56. Clean tracks on the sliding doors.
57. Evict the birds from their nests around my house.
58. Clean the garage. (Half complete – see the rest of it happening this weekend while the weather remains predictably decent).
59. Powerwash the garage floor. (He did one better and epoxy’ed the floor…half of it at least).
60. Determine shelving solution for the garage. (Have determined the solution, just need to make the purchase now that the floor is complete. But, with Jon out of town, this project may get waylaid more than either of us intended. We shall see what the weekend holds.)
61. Return the moving blankets to Aunt Jill & Uncle Mike.
62. Get the paint splatters off the floors in both dining rooms.
64. Organize the downstairs kitchen pantry.
65. Find a pediatrician off the list.
66. Find a comfortable child care solution locally.
67. Determine my maternity leave calendar.
68. Determine what work looks like when I return from maternity leave.
69. Get paint estimates for the upper level of the house.
70. Finish the green blanket.
71. Finish the yellow blanket.
72. Finish the pink blanket.
73. Finish the black blanket.
74. New sales bid at the museum. (Thursday this project is COMPLETE!)
75. Enjoy a 10-day vacation.
76. Enjoy four day work weeks throughout July! (This didn’t happen, I wanted to save all the vacay I could based on the FMLA/leave discussion with my boss).
77. Play golf a few more times.
78. Spend time on the water, in a boat, in the sun.
79. Take my kayak out.
80. Take my kayak out again.
81. Sit on the patio with Jon and enjoy the evening. (Could stand to do this several more times, but it was nice when Frank and Andrea stopped by with Drew a few weeks ago and we just enjoyed the back patio and drinks).
82. Develop content for my new website.
83. Order the mobile for her room.
84. Complete the baby registry.
85. Return the carpet cleaner to Grandma Carpenter.
86. Birthday present for Molly.
87. Go computer shopping.
88. Figure out a solution for a TV in the bedroom.
89. Complete marketing calendars for all 13 accounts.
90. Complete site visits at all 13 accounts before opening.
91. Complete site visits at all 13 accounts after opening.
92. Spray for bugs in the downstairs living room.
93. Purchase a book case for the downstairs living room.
94. Purchase at least one barstool for downstairs bar.
95. Fix the leaky faucet in the upstairs kitchen.
96. Replace the shower head in the big bathroom.
97. Replace the shower spout in the big bathroom.
98. Replace the broken handle in the master bathroom.
99. Fix the slow drain in the master bathroom. (I had Plumbing Professors out to the house, but oddly, the drains are now going just fine all on their own…Murphy’s Law).
100. Figure out how to show pictures on my blog(s).
101. Take out the recycling.
102. Return the bottles/cans.
103. Order new hardware for the closet in her room.
104. Go upnorth to the lake on a non-holiday weekend. (Higgins bound tonight!)
105. Have pizza at the CLB. (TWICE!!!)
106. Relax. (ha!).
Okay, that’s 49 things left on this list. Let me just add today’s list of to do’s for good measure:
– Finish painting the closet doors in the baby room.
– Die the backdrop for the photo stuff I purchased.
– Find some cool props for baby photos.
– Take maternity photos of Molly.
– Shower with the Mason’s on 8/21.
– Purchase table/bookshelf thing at IKEA for baby room.
– Take pictures of the nearing-finalized baby’s room.
– Determine what to pack in the hospital bag.
– 31 week appointment with Dr. Ahmad 8/19